- Has a much smaller particle size than stain allowing it to penetrate into polished concrete. Dye is usually applied around 400 grit.
- Not UV stable - interior only
- Stains can be used both interior and exterior. They will typically not penetrate concrete that's been polished beyond 200 grit
- Water Based Stains are very easy to use (brush or spray on) and come in a diverse colour palette. They will wear off with damage to the concrete especially from deicer & freeze/thaw damage - we recommend them for foot traffic areas where salt will not be applied and vertical applications. Water based stains do not need to be neutralized.
- Acid Stains are salts dissolved in acid which chemically change the colour of the concrete. They are therefore permanent, unpredictable and have a limited colour palette (ie. black, grey and white are not possible). Acid stains must be neutralized.
- Re-Ax stains are another reactive stain (like acid stains) but they do not need to be neutralized. Very natural looking and permanent stain.
Caution - Colour swatches are to be used only as a guide, results may vary. We strongly suggest a job-site mock-up for approval prior to applying any stains and dyes. 8 oz samples are available on request.Concrete stains and dyes may be used to alter the colour of concrete. Each product has its unique look and limitations, read our guide to help choose a product for your application.