Industrial Sprayer & Accessories
Guidelines for selecting a sprayer:
- Do not use acid in any metal sprayers. See Acid/Acetone Staining
- Icon Sprayer (cheapest of the red spray cans) may be used for form oil, surface retarders, liquid release and water based products. Do not use any products containing acetone in these sprayers (most VOC compliant solvent based sealers). Products containing acetone will melt the hose, seals and gaskets.
- Xtreme sprayers have a hose, seals and gaskets that are resistant to acetone. An Xtreme sprayer is recommended for most solvent based sealers. Buy only Xtreme replacement parts.
- Red spray cans have a liner on the inside to prevent rust. Some sealers with very high acetone content will melt that liner. If you are experiencing that issue you need to upgrade to stainless steel Xtreme sprayer.
- Dripless sprayers have a rod going through the wand that stops the flow of sealer right at the tip. This is a nice feature, but these wands are more prone to clogging from debris. Do not use anti-slip additives in these sprayers.